This week has been a mixture of activities all aimed at preparing myself for our degree show set up, involving:
Editing the distorted bee sound track that I had made previously, with the mindset of performing to it for my degree show. I added more pauses in the soundscape as I found those rare moments of quite and stillness really interesting in my last performances. I also found this amazing clicking sample, that sounded like hundreds of insects clicking. I had it quietly ticking away at low levels in the track and slowly have it seep in and out. It gives the soundscape some crunchy texture that I think it was missing.
Creating a small booklet showcasing some of my favourite stills and pictures from my various videos on InDesign.
Writing the self evaluation form.
Updating my artist statement to be relevant to my current work
Further editing the videos I had filmed last week.
And organising my hard drive so it would be easier to understand.